Poroshenko recovered from coronavirus / Snap from video
Former Ukrainian President and leader of the European Solidarity Party Petro Poroshenko has recovered from the coronavirus.
Poroshenko thanked the doctors who "put him on his feet in a week and a half," in particular, head of the Infectious Diseases Department at Bogomolets National Medical University, Professor Olha Golubovskaya.
"For seven months, Mrs. Olha has been selflessly protecting Ukrainians from the coronavirus almost around the clock, seven days a week," he said in a video message on Facebook.
Read also COVID-19: Over 5,100 new active cases reported on Oct 13 Poroshenko also thanked all Ukrainian doctors and called them "the real defenders of Ukraine."
Poroshenko contracts COVID-19: Background
- On September 29, Poroshenko tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
- He informed he was planning to undergo treatment at home.
- On October 3, he was hospitalized with bilateral pneumonia.
- On October 7, his wife Maryna Poroshenko said his health condition had worsened.
- On October 11, a representative of Poroshenko's team said former Ukrainian president's health condition was improving.