Minsk talks: next disengagement area in Donbas warzone practically agreed – Ukraine envoy's press secretary.

Work is still ongoing on coordinating two more such areas.

REUTERS

REUTERS

Parties to the negotiations of the Trilateral Contact Group for Donbas Settlement have practically agreed that one of the three new sections for disengagement of forces and means from the demarcation line would be the area near the village of Hnutove, Donetsk region.

That's according to Darka Olifer, press secretary for Ukraine's representative to the TCG, ex-president Leonid Kuchma.

"One of the disengagement sites in the area of ​​Hnutove, which had been previously proposed by the Ukrainian side, has been practically agreed. Work continues on coordinating other areas," Olifer wrote on Facebook.

Read alsoOSCE Chairperson-in-Office: "Long road ahead to lasting peace" in Donbas

Attention is focused on the need to ensure a complete and comprehensive ceasefire, which, Olifer says, is now being violated by occupation forces.

As UNIAN reported earlier, disengagement of forces in the area of ​​Stanytsia Luhanska took place in June 2019, near Zolote – in late October, and near ​​Bohdanivka and Petrivske – in November. The Normandy Four leaders (Ukraine, Germany, France, and Russia) during their Paris summit on December 9, 2019, supported the agreement reached within the framework of the Trilateral Contact Group on the pullback of forces and means at three more sites.

It was tentatively agreed that disengagement should take place before the end of March 2020. At the same time, it is not yet known in which areas it will be carried out.

Related news

Zolote residents in Donbas: We're caught in-between warring sides: «Bang!» – a shell is flying over our heads.

Early last week, someone purposefully dispersed panic in social networks, claiming that amid intensified shelling in Donbas, the Ukrainian Army retreated from its defense positions, and the town of Zolote "surrendered to separatists". To dispel th...

Zolote residents in Donbas: We're caught in-between positions of warring sides: Bang – and a shell flies over our heads.

Early last week, someone purposefully dispersed panic in social networks, claiming that amid intensified shelling in Donbas, the Ukrainian Army retreated from its defense positions, and the town of Zolote "surrendered to separatists". To dispel th...

1

NSDC Secretary Danilov: 50% probability that elections will be held in Donbas.

He says he hopes Ukraine may retake the eastern border by the end of the year.

Ukraine reports five enemy attacks in Donbas on Feb 24.

The enemy opened fire from proscribed 120mm and 82mm mortars, grenade launchers of various types, heavy machine guns, and rifles.

1 6

Putin's bloody «peace» . Why the Kremlin needs new escalation in Donbas

A major offensive by Russian-controlled forces on Ukrainian positions on the night of February 18 raises questions, whether Moscow really strives for peace in Donbas as much as it claims in the international arena. But why did the Kremlin need a n...

1 39

By continuing to browse World News (UAZMI), you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and agree to the use of cookies