A DRONE strike in Kabul last month killed as many as 10 civilians, including up to seven children, the U.S. military said on Friday, apologising for what it said was a tragic mistake.
Senior US officers had previously said the August 29th strike - that took place as foreign troops completed the last stages of their withdrawal from Afghanistan - targeted an Islamic State suicide bomber who posed an imminent threat to Kabul airport.
But following an investigation - US General Frank McKenzie admitted Friday they were wrong.
Taliban ‘bans girls from secondary schools’ in Afghanistan by reopening only for boys
Al-Qaeda ‘ready for bloody wave of terror attacks on US & UK’ as terrorists regroup in Taliban controlled Afghanistan
The Sun newspaper brings you the latest breaking news videos and explainers from the UK and around the world
Become a Sun Subscriber and hit the bell to be the first to know
Read The Sun: www.thesun.co.uk
Like The Sun on Facebook: www.facebook.com/thesun/
Follow The Sun on Twitter: twitter.com/TheSun
Subscribe to The Sun on Snapchat: www.snapchat.com/discover/The_Sun/1633225139