Donald Trump has thrown plans for his second presidential debate with Democratic challenger Joe Biden into disarray after saying he will not take part in a virtual event.
The president's declaration came less than an hour after organisers announced that the debate would be taking place virtually.
The Commission on Presidential Debates said the decision was made to 'protect the health and safety of all involved', with the president's positive coronavirus test having come just days after the first debate last week.
The commission said both candidates would appear at the second TV debate, scheduled for next Thursday, from separate locations.
But, in an interview shortly after the announcement was made, Mr Trump said: 'I'm not going to do a virtual debate.'
He told Fox News that the arrangement is 'not acceptable to us'.
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel for more videos: http://www.youtube.com/skynews
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/skynews
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/skynews
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/skynews
For more content go to http://news.sky.com and download our apps:
Sky News videos are now available in Spanish here/Los video de Sky News están disponibles en español aquí https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzG5BnqHO8oNlrPDW9CYJog