Russian-occupation forces in Donbas violate ceasefire 13 times over past day, one Ukrainian serviceman wounded – JFO HQ.

Over the past day, Russian-occupation forces in Donbas violated the ceasefire 13 times, one Ukrainian serviceman was wounded, the press center of the Joint Force Operation (JFO) said.

"Over the past day, on December 28, some 13 ceasefire violations were recorded in the area of the Joint Force Operation. In the area of the Vodiane settlement, in the Azov region, the Russian occupation fighters repeatedly opened fire towards Ukrainian positions using 120 caliber mortars and grenade launchers of various systems. Near Pivdenne, the armed formations of the Russian Federation also opened fire from 82 caliber mortars. In addition to them, large-caliber machine guns were also used. The fire activity of the Russian occupation forces was noticed near Mariyinka and Avdiyivka, where the enemy fired several times towards the Ukrainian positions from grenade launchers of various systems. Near Svitlodarsk, the enemy used automatic heavy grenade launchers and large-caliber machine guns, while near Novooleksandrivka they used hand-held anti-tank grenade launchers and small arms. Near Chermalyk, the enemy also used small arms. Due to enemy fire, one of our soldiers was wounded. The soldier was taken to a medical facility and doctors were provided with qualified assistance," the JFO said in a statement on the official Facebook page on Tuesday morning.

The JFO headquarters said that from the beginning of the current day, the ceasefire was observed along the entire contact line.

"Since the beginning of this day, December 29, no violations of the ceasefire have been recorded. Silence is observed along the entire contact line," the JFO headquarters said.

Interfax-Ukraine

News about recent political developments in Ukraine, key Ukrainian economic news and major current events in the CIS and the rest of the world.

https://en.interfax.com.ua/

Related news
Republican Rep. Dan Newhouse Announces He Will Vote For Impeachment - NBC News

Republican Rep. Dan Newhouse Announces He Will Vote For Impeachment - NBC News

Republican Rep. Dan Newhouse announced he would be voting in favor of impeachment, saying there was "no excuse for President Trump's actions" that led to the Capitol riot. » Subscribe to NBC News: » Watch more NBC video: NBC News Digital is a coll...

COVID-19: PM promises COVID jabs 24/7 'when we can'.

COVID-19: PM promises COVID jabs 24/7 'when we can'.

Questions are raised about why ministers are being 'secretive' about jab numbers as the PM vows to vaccinate round the clock when it is possible to do so. Another 1,564 coronavirus deaths were recorded in the UK on Wednesday - the highest daily fi...

What COVID-19 cases after Capitol lockdown say about the first dose of the coronavirus vaccine.

What COVID-19 cases after Capitol lockdown say about the first dose of the coronavirus vaccine.

House Democrats are raising concern over safety measures on Capitol Hill after three lawmakers tested positive for COVID-19 following last week's deadly assault. All three had received their first dose of a coronavirus vaccine in recent weeks. Dr....

McCarthy calls rushed impeachment a mistake

McCarthy calls rushed impeachment a mistake

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy delivers remarks on the House floor during debate on Trump's second impeachment inquiry. He said rushed impeachment would further divide the U.S. and calls for accountability for President Trump's role in the r...

1 60

COVID-19: Why are infections rising if more of us are complying?.

COVID-19: Why are infections rising if more of us are complying?.

Infections are rising but more of us say we're sticking to the lockdown rules. So what's going on? Rowland Manthorpe takes a look at the data. SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel for more videos: Follow us on Twitter: Like us on Facebook: Follow us o...

Biggest mafia trial in decades begins

Biggest mafia trial in decades begins

An Italian prosecutor has told Sky News he will not be intimidated at the start of the biggest mafia trial in decades. More than 350 people allegedly linked to the Ndrangheta crime syndicate in Calabria will face charges including murder, drug tra...

1 19