Trudeau Takes Son Out For Ice Cream As COVID Restrictions Ease In Canada.

Justin Trudeau Takes Son Out For Ice Cream As Canada Pandemic Restrictions Ease

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau took his son out for ice cream on Wednesday.

Ottawa, Canada:

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau took his son out for ice cream on Wednesday in his first family outing since Canada started easing out of its pandemic lockdown.

It was also Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day in Quebec province.

Wearing masks, the Canadian leader and his six-year-old son Hadrien were cheered at Chocolats Favoris in Gatineau, Quebec.

According to a pool report, Trudeau said the shop tapped into a federal emergency wage subsidy and business loan in order to weather the pandemic, and "avoid being frozen out of the frozen treat market."

Hadrien is said to have bounced with excitement, settling on a vanilla cone with a cookie topping while dad bought a vanilla cone dipped in chocolate for himself.

Father and son then headed out to the patio, where they doffed their masks to eat their cones.

Canada's provinces and territories declared states of emergency mid-March, closing schools and non-essential businesses in response to the pandemic.

Comments

Related news

‘Scariest place on Earth’: Disney World mocked for opening amid virus spike.

Disney World and its eager customers are facing sharp criticism for opening during record-setting coronavirus numbers in Florida.

More than 200 universities back lawsuit over Trump’s international student restrictions.

The schools have signed court briefs supporting Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology as they sue U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in federal court in Boston.

Chinese vase found in pet-filled house sells for more than $12M.

The vase had previously sold through the same auction house for $56 and again for $100 in 1954.

7 Children, 2 Women Killed In Yemen Air Strike: UN Agency.

Seven children and two women were killed in an air raid in northwest Yemen, a UN agency said Monday, as Riyadh said it intercepted missiles fired by Yemeni Huthi rebels.

WHO chief on COVID-19: «There is a lot to be concerned about» .

I want to be straight with you: there will be no return to the "old normal" for the foreseeable future, the official said.

By continuing to browse World News (UAZMI), you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and agree to the use of cookies