WHILE the belief used to be that designer makeup always trumped the cheap stuff, these days, some of the cult makeup products out there come from cheap makeup brands and cost less than £10.
Cheap makeup brands are now offering quality products with fantastic ingredients and innovative, user-friendly packaging – without the designer price tag.
Case in point? The Ordinary has transformed the skincare and makeup game with its high-performance products, including two different types of foundation, for under £6.
Depending on what type of makeup product you're looking for, you'll find that all of the different cheap makeup brands have various hero products to stock up on.
Collection is the go-to brand for cheap concealer, full-coverage weightless foundation and cheap powder, which you can scoop up online for around £3 or £4.
When it comes to amazing eyeshadow colour palettes, Revolution is the brand to invest in: pick from a rainbow of colours, shimmery and matte finishes, stylish packaging (including jungle print and chocolate-bar inspired), with palettes starting at just £4.
Makeup ‘dupes’ are also on the rise: for every cult designer makeup product out there, you’re likely to find a cheapo drugstore version for a fraction of the price (see: Maybelline Color Tattoo cream gel eyeshadow, which is a dupe for Charlotte Tilbury’s cult Eyes to Mesmerise – and £16 cheaper).
For the eco-conscious and any animal lovers out there, you’ll be pleased to know that cheap makeup brands don’t mean ones that ignore the environment and animal welfare.
Cheap and cheerful brand Barry M has vegan, biodegradable glitter for £4.99 a pot. Now, where’s a weekend festival when you need one?
This article and featured products have been independently chosen by Sun journalists. It contains links which are ads, and if you click a link and buy a product we will earn revenue.
Best bargain cheap makeup brand
- The Ordinary Coverage foundation, £5.90 at Cult Beauty - buy here
- The Ordinary Serum foundation, £5.70 at Cult Beauty - buy here
Sure, The Ordinary is known for its fantastic skincare, where you can stock up on skin-hero products like hyaluronic acid and rose hip oil. The brand also has some fabulous foundations in 21 shades - they both include natural-looking pigments that offer thorough, yet lightweight, coverage.
Cheap makeup brands under £5
- (AD) Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, £3.99 at Amazon - buy here
- (AD) Collection Glam Crystals Gel Glitter Eyeliner, £2.99 at Amazon - buy here
- Collection Lasting Perfection Foundation, £3.99 at Superdrug - buy here
- (AD) Collection Sheer Loose Powder, £2.98 at Amazon - buy here
Collection's cheap-as-chips makeup range includes the award-winning 16-hour Lasting Perfection concealer (it's water-resistant and gives great coverage, for blemishes and dark circles).
The brand's 6-in-1 foundation and setting powder (made with silk and vitamin E), will finish off your base look. Collection also has plenty of playful products, including glittery eyeliner, to sort out your festival and party style - and beyond.
Cheap makeup brands under £5
2. Barry M
- (AD) Barry M Molten Metal Nail Polish, £3.99 at Amazon - buy here
- (AD) Barry M Gloss Me Up Lip Gloss, £4.99 at Amazon - buy here
- (AD) Barry M Pick 'N' Glitz, £4.99 from at - buy here
- (AD) Barry M Dazzle Dust Eye Shadow at £4.59 - buy here
This colourful makeup brand has plenty of items under £5, and is known for its metallic nail polishes, shimmering shadows and glosses and festival-friendly eco-glitters (they've also got fabulous face jewels, coloured mascaras and any other makeup you might need for a hen night or fancy-dress party).
There's a huge range of vegan products, too - including all of these pictured.
Cheap makeup brands under £10
- (AD) Revolution Re-Loaded Velvet Rose Eye Shadow Palette, £6.95 at Amazon - buy here
- Revolution Pro New Neutral Satin Matte Lipstick Velvet, £5 at Revolution - buy here
- I Heart Revolution Sprinkles Chocolate Palette, at Revolution £8.99 - buy here
- Revolution HD Amplified 35 Palette - Defiant, £7.50 at Revolution - buy here
Revolution ticks all of the boxes when it comes to a cheap makeup brand with amazing packaging (it's great for gifts) and products that work and have staying power.
We particularly love their eye shadow palettes - the HD Amplified Palette has 35 shades for just £7.50 - and the brand's lipsticks are also known for being highly pigmented and hydrating.
- (AD) Maybelline Instant Anti Age Eraser Concealer, £6 at Amazon - buy here
- (AD) Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick, £9.99 at Amazon - buy here
- (AD) Maybelline Snapscara Mascara Very Black, £7.99 at Amazon - buy here
- (AD) Maybelline Color Tattoo 24Hr Single Eyeshadow 35 On Bronze, £3.24 at Amazon - buy here
Maybelline has long been known as one of the best drugstore brands - its Great Lash mascara is the bestselling mascara in the US, for a start - and the brand's newest, no-clump Snapscara release is another hit.
The longwear Tattoo Gel Eyeshadow is another standout (and similar to Charlotte Tilbury's Eyes to Mesmerise), while the Age Eraser concealer has hydrating ingredients like goji berry.
We're also obsessed with the Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick, which has super-staying powers and will last through breakfast, lunch, dinner and all smooching sessions.
Cheap makeup brands under £10
- GOSH Rebel Eyes Mascara, £8.99 at Superdrug - buy here
- GOSH Mineral Full Coverage Foundation Powder, £9.99 at Superdrug - buy here
- (AD) GOSH Kohl Eye Liner, £7.17 at Amazon - buy here
- GOSH Lip Oil, £7.49 at Superdrug - buy here
This Danish cosmetics brand has plenty of vegan products, and offers a comprehensive collection of everything from primer to liner.
Cheap makeup brands under £10 - e.l.f.
- e.l.f. Liquid Matte Lipstick, £6 - buy here
- e.l.f. Jelly Highlighter, £6 - buy here
- e.l.f. Poreless Putty Primer, £8 - buy here
- e.l.f. Powder Blush Palette, £7.50 - buy here
e.l.f. Cosmetics is widely regarded as the internet's favourite budget beauty brand and has plenty of products that impress.
Products like the vitamin-E enriched Liquid Matte Lipstick, the Jelly Highlighter (a must for faking a gorgeous glow from within), the sellout velvety primer (with Squalane to help hydrate skin and keep your makeup put all day).
And the beautifully pigmented blusher palette, which includes a mirrored compact. Bonus: all e.l.f. makeup is vegan.
We've created Sun Selects to help you find the best products at the best prices.
If you enjoyed our round-up of cheap makeup brands, why not have a look at our pick of cheap makeup brushes?
Planning a shopping spree? Check out Sun Selects' dedicated beauty section.
This article and any featured products have been independently chosen by The Sun journalists. All recommendations within the article are informed by expert editorial opinion. If you click a link and buy a product we may earn revenue: this helps to support The Sun, and in no way affects our recommendations.