MHP plans to open 2,000 Miasomarket stores in Ukraine by end of 2023.

PJSC Myronivsky Hliboproduct (MHP) plans to open 2,000 Miasomarket stores in Ukraine by the end of 2023 as part of changing the sales format, primarily due to the modernization of the Nasha Ryaba franchise chain, according to Forbes Ukraine.

"McKinsey [an international consulting company] estimates the shortage of convenience stores in Ukraine at about 7,000 units. We want to occupy about 30% of this market," MHP CEO Yuriy Kosiuk Yuriy Kosiuk told the publication.

According to Forbes, the assortment in Miasomarket stores will be expanded due to meat-related products (spices, marinades, vegetables), of which 40% will be supplied by MHP, and the remaining 60% by third-party suppliers. The assortment of new stores will increase by 7 to 14 times to 150-420 types of items in comparison with the Nasha Ryaba chilled chicken stores, and their area will be at least 45 square meters. Forbes said the first Miasomarkets increased revenue by an average of 25% to 30%, and the sales of poultry meat by 20% compared to the Nasha Ryaba stores operating in their place.

"The market wants to open convenience stores, which would provide not only meat, but also some kind of minimum set of products. What we are doing should have been started three years ago," the businessman said.

According to Forbes, the new chain will develop according to a franchise model; the agricultural holding estimates investments for opening one Miasomarket at $50,000 to $120,000 with a payback period of three to four years.

The publication said that since 2020 MHP has been developing restaurant formats. The company plans to create a franchise chain of DönerMarket shawarma shops with a total of about 2,000 outlets, each of which will cost the franchisee from $8,000 to $10,000.

"We want to make life easier for a person. Some 69% of consumers want to eat a variety of healthy foods, but do not do it, because it takes a lot of time and money. We give a solution 'under laziness," the publication said, citing Kosiuk.

By the end of 2021, MHP also plans to expand the chain of franchised gastronomic studios "Chef's Secrets" to at least ten establishments operating with an average bill of up to EUR 3 and a high feed rate.

"We are an industrial company and we understand how to make such a restaurant efficient and safe. In the spring of 2021, the company will open an R&D center that will conduct the most complex research and study the needs of the client," the MHP CEO said.

Interfax-Ukraine

News about recent political developments in Ukraine, key Ukrainian economic news and major current events in the CIS and the rest of the world.

https://en.interfax.com.ua/

Related news
COVID-19: Traffic light countries to be introduced as holidays could cost £100s in tests.

COVID-19: Traffic light countries to be introduced as holidays could cost £100s in tests.

Ministers have told the public for the first time that they can begin to book holidays abroad this summer as the government prepares a traffic light system for travellers. Countries will be placed under a green, amber or red light depending on vac...

UK's Prince Philip has died at age 99

UK's Prince Philip has died at age 99

Prince Philip, the lifelong companion of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, has died, Buckingham Palace announced Friday. He was 99. In a statement, the palace said: "It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved ...

Boris Johnson pays tribute to Prince Philip

Boris Johnson pays tribute to Prince Philip

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson speaks following the death of Prince Philip, the lifelong companion of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II. #PrincePhilip #CNNInternational #News

The life of Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh

The life of Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh

Prince Philip, the lifelong companion of Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, has died, Buckingham Palace announced Friday. He was 99. Philip, also known by his official title of the Duke of Edinburgh, was the longest-serving British consort. He married ...

Watch: The Announcement Of Prince Philip's Passing Posted On Royal Palace Gates - NBC News NOW.

Watch: The Announcement Of Prince Philip's Passing Posted On Royal Palace Gates - NBC News NOW.

In keeping with tradition, official notices announcing the death of the queen's husband, Prince Philip, were posted on the gates of royal palaces in the U.K. » Subscribe to NBC News: » Watch more NBC video: NBC News Digital is a collection of inno...

Live: White House Covid-19 Response Team Holds Briefing - NBC News.

Live: White House Covid-19 Response Team Holds Briefing - NBC News.

Watch as the White House Covid-19 response team holds a press conference on the coronavirus pandemic. » Subscribe to NBC News: » Watch more NBC video: NBC News is a leading source of global news and information. Here you will find clips from NBC N...