Russians mock US troops for abandoning military bases in Syria as they boast ‘see how quickly we took over’.

RUSSIANS have mocked US troops for abandoning Syria while boasting “it’s already ours” in one video clip.

Footage shows a pro-Kremlin journalist giving a guided tour of a military base near the town of Manbij which American forces “handed over” to Vladimir Putin’s troops.

 Russian journalist Oleg Blokhin gives a guided tour of a former US military base in Syria

Russian journalist Oleg Blokhin gives a guided tour of a former US military base in Syria

 Another video shows discarded crisps in the US base in Manbij

Another video shows discarded crisps in the US base in Manbij

 A bottle of sparkling wine and a Game Boy were among the other items left

A bottle of sparkling wine and a Game Boy were among the other items left

Last week, Donald Trump pulled his remaining soldiers out of Syria– paving the way for Turkey to launch an offensive in the north east of the war zone.

That prompted Russian leader Vlad to broker a deal between tyrant Bashar al-Assad and the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) who were abandoned by the US President.

As Assad’s Syrian forces took full control of Manbij, Russian soldiers – including the shadowy militia army the Wagner Group - patrolled the city last night in a bid to keep Turkish and Syrian troops apart.

In the video clip posted online, Russian journalist Oleg Blokhin walked around a former US army base acquired by Putin’s men.

He said: “Good morning, everybody, from Manbij.

'IT'S ALREADY OURS'

“I’m at the American base where they still were yesterday, and this morning it’s already ours.”

Another video posted online, this time by a Russian soldier, shows food trays sitting on the tables and cans of coke left in the fridge of what appears to be the same base in Manbij.

According to Newsweek, the US helped the Russians establish themselves in the area by informing them about secure routes in the area.

A Pentagon official said: “Having been in the area for longer, [the US] has been assisting the Russian forces to navigate through previously unsafe areas quickly.”

 Russian forces move into northern Syria after the US pulled out of the region last week

Russian forces move into northern Syria after the US pulled out of the region last weekCredit: Reuters

He added: “It is essentially a handover. However, it’s a quick out, not something that will include walk-throughs, etc; everything is about (getting) out with as much as possible of our things while destroying any sensitive equipment that cannot be moved.”

Trump’s decision to pull out of Syria and effectively hand over control of the north of the country to Assad and Russia has been widely criticised on both sides of the US political aisle.

This week, the US President tweeted: “Anyone who wants to assist Syria in protecting the Kurds is good with me, whether it is Russia, China or Napoleon Bonaparte.

“I hope they all do great, we are 7,000 miles away!”

TRUMP DEFIANT

On Sunday, Assad's Russian-backed Syrian government forces swept into Kurdish-administered areas to shield them against Turkey.

Despite the Syrian and Russian deployments, Turkey insists it would capture Manbij - setting up the potential for a bloody battle to come.

Asked on Sky News if Turkey's military was willing to fight Assad's army, Vice President Fuat Oktay said, "We hope it's not going to happen.

"But again we are determined to get control over Manbij."

 A missile fired by Turkish forces towards the Syrian town of Ras al-Ain yesterday, as Russia vowed to police the border between the two sides

A missile fired by Turkish forces towards the Syrian town of Ras al-Ain yesterday, as Russia vowed to police the border between the two sidesCredit: AFP or licensors

 Turkey's forces advance towards Manbij, Syria - which is being held by Syrian government forces and protected by Russian troops

Turkey's forces advance towards Manbij, Syria - which is being held by Syrian government forces and protected by Russian troopsCredit: AP:Associated Press

 Russian president Vladimir Putin has filled the void left by the departing US presence in northern Syria

Russian president Vladimir Putin has filled the void left by the departing US presence in northern SyriaCredit: Getty - Contributor

Mortar fire from Manbij killed two Turkish soldiers and wounded seven others on Tuesday, the Turkish Defense Ministry said.

Later, a battalion of around 200 Turkish troops along with armoured vehicles crossed near Manbij and Kobani.

Kobani, a border town, is not yet secured by Syrian forces - and could act as a stronghold from which Turkey plans to attack.

Farther east on the border, Turkish and Kurdish forces were in heavy battles over the town of Ras al-Ayn, captured by Turkey days earlier.

RUSSIA 'NOT GOING TO ALLOW' CLASHES

US troops had outposts in Manbij since 2017 - when they went in to avert a battle over the town between Turkish and Kurdish fighters.

Now Russia has taken on that role - with Moscow's troops patrolling front lines between Turkish and Syrian army positions.

Alexander Lavrentyev, Moscow's envoy for Syria, said on Tuesday that "no one is interested" in fighting between Syrian and Turkish forces.

He told Russian state news agencies that Moscow is "not going to allow it".

SCORES KILLED

In the first week of the Turkish assault, at least 154 fighters from the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces have been killed.

There were another 128 fighters from Turkish-backed Syrian factions killed, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

It added at least 69 civilians have been killed in Syria.

Turkey claims six of its soldiers have died so far, as well as at least 20 Turkish civilians killed by Kurdish mortar fire across the border.

A US official said the approximately 1,000 US troops being withdrawn from northern Syria will reposition in Iraq, Kuwait and possibly Jordan.

Related news

Why residents of Labour stronghold Stoke-on-Trent loathe Jeremy Corbyn and are ready to vote Tory.

THE old brick kilns that dot The Potteries skyline dominate what has been a Labour bastion for generations. Stoke-on-Trent’s sweat and toil made its ceramic industry globally famous and its workers have instinctively voted red. Now this proudly wo...

Cops storm illegal rave at CARPETRIGHT as 1,000 revellers descend on warehouse.

COPS stormed an illegal rave at an abandoned Carpetright in early hours of the morning. More than a 1,000 ravers partied in the derelict shop in Strood Retail Park in Kent for the “suspected unlicensed music event”. Police were called ...

Kanye West recalls 2016 breakdown in appearance at Houston megachurch.

During a 20-minute interview with Joel Osteen, West told the packed crowd about his recent conversion to Christianity and how God has been inspiring him.

Prince Andrew makes craziest claim yet as he tells the Queen his car crash TV sex quiz was ‘a great success’.

PRINCE Andrew told the Queen today his disastrous TV interview was “a great success”. He was “buoyant” as he attended church with his mum despite the furious backlash which has put his official role under threat and plunged the Royal Family into i...

Essex lorry deaths ‘mastermind’ bought two phones with cash from nearby shopping centre before 39 bodies were found.

THE suspected mastermind of the Grays human trafficking tragedy bought two phones with cash from a nearby shopping centre four days before the bodies of 39 migrants were found. Irish fugitive Ronan Hughes, 40, purchased the pay as you go mobiles f...

Продовжуючи переглядати World News (UAZMI), ви підтверджуєте, що ознайомилися з Правилами користування сайтом, і погоджуєтеся на використання файлів cookie