Semenchenko reports he placed under arrest again

Former Ukrainian deputy Semen Semenchenko, suspected of involvement in the creation of an illegal paramilitary group, has been again detained by a court decision, according to his Facebook page update posted on Monday.

"Semen Semenchenko has been again thrown behind bars. Judge of Solomiansky court Vyshniak, under pressure from the leadership of the SBU, made an illegal decision," the message says.

Earlier, the ex-MP had already spent four months in a solitary confinement cell of the SBU, after which on July 14 the court changed his measure of restraint to round-the-clock house arrest. Semenchenko had to arrive at the request of the investigator, not to leave the house without permission, refrain from communicating with witnesses, hand over passports to travel abroad, wear an electronic means of control.

"None of the conditions was violated. But this turned out to be not enough for the court. The absurd continues. The defenders of Ukraine are being imprisoned for the sake of the FSB and on behalf of the KGB of Belarus. The fight continues!" the message reads.

As reported, on March 24, the SBU of Ukraine suppressed the activities of an illegal armed group, the so-called "private military company," whose activities were aimed at preparing for the commission of grave crimes, including against the foundations of national security. According to the SBU investigation in Kyiv and Kyiv region, the organizers of the group's activities were former MP of Ukraine Semenchenko and agent of the National Anti-Corruption Bureau (NABU) Yevhen Shevchenko.

Interfax-Ukraine

News about recent political developments in Ukraine, key Ukrainian economic news and major current events in the CIS and the rest of the world.

https://en.interfax.com.ua/

Related news
La Palma volcano eruptions 'could last for months'

La Palma volcano eruptions 'could last for months'

A volcanic eruption on the island of La Palma forced the evacuation of 6,000 people and unstoppable rivers of molten lava have destroyed around 190 houses and caused significant damage to farmland and infrastructure. The eruption on the island of ...

ABC News Live: US to share additional 500 million vaccine doses with world.

ABC News Live: US to share additional 500 million vaccine doses with world.

Plus, Biden faces bipartisan criticism over the Haitian migrant crisis, and the Gabby Petito case renews calls for help in other missing persons cases.

Clay Travis: Fauci was wrong about this, too

Clay Travis: Fauci was wrong about this, too

OutKick founder Clay Travis blasts Fauci for predicting that outdoor college football games would cause a wave of coronavirus cases #FoxNews Subscribe to Fox News! Watch more Fox News Video: Watch Fox News Channel Live: FOX News Channel (FNC) is a...

Rhino horns, Haitians at US border and Ganesh Chaturthi: World in Photos, Sept.

Rhino horns, Haitians at US border and Ganesh Chaturthi: World in Photos, Sept.

A look at the top photos from around the globe.

Reporters file complaint as Biden continues to ignore questions from media.

Reporters file complaint as Biden continues to ignore questions from media.

Reporters at the White House filed the complaint after Joe Biden refused to take questions from the media following his meeting with Boris Johnson. #FoxNews Subscribe to Fox News! Watch more Fox News Video: Watch Fox News Channel Live: FOX News Ch...

Prime Minister's free trade hopes with U.S. are off the table

Prime Minister's free trade hopes with U.S. are off the table

President Biden has said his administration is not looking at trade talks at the moment. This is a massive blow for Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who heavily relied on a US-UK trade deal to boost Britain post Brexit. Sky's political editor, Beth R...