Ukrainians may attend sports facilities and travel by train from June 1.
Photo from UNIAN
On June 1, Ukraine is entering the next, third stage of easing quarantine-related restrictions introduced over the coronavirus.
The following bans have been lifted as of June 1
Taking into account the Health Ministry's recommendations, the following activities will be allowed from June 1:
• Visits to swimming pools and gyms;
• Educational classes in groups of up to 10 people, for example, driving schools will reopen; and
• Travelling by rail and road between regions.
Reopening of swimming pools and gyms: Conditions for admission
The Health Ministry has prepared recommendations on anti-epidemic standards, which should be met in case the owners decide to reopen a gym or pool. Sports facilities will be able to resume work under the following mandatory conditions:
• Temperature screening of all employees and visitors before shifts/visits;
• All employees must wear face masks or respirators;
• Social distancing between visitors: only one person per 10 square meters of the hall area for individual lessons; one person per 5 square meters of the hall area for group/team training (no more than 10 people in a group); and
• Group or team training can be held only by appointment.
Photo from UNIAN
Restrictions in sports facilities
During the quarantine, Ukraine bans the sports facilities to:
• Use reusable (fabric) towels (except for personal towels of visitors);
• Place advertising brochures, magazines and other printing materials for clients;
• Open spa areas and massage cabinets;
• Open fitness bars and functioning of water coolers (vending machines are allowed);
• Provide access to children's rooms;
• Let simultaneous use of fitness equipment by several visitors;
• Conduct group training for more than 10 people;
• Conduct group training for children under the age of 12; and
• Issue reusable towels to visitors.
Swimming pools' reopening conditions
According to the Health Ministry's recommendations, the functioning of swimming pools is allowed for individual visits; for sports training groups of two years of study and older; provided that no more than four people are on the same track during individual swimming and no more than six people for sports training groups in 50-meter pools; provided that no more than two people are on the same track during individual swimming and no more than three people for sports training groups in 25-meter pools.
Rules for traveling by train: Requirements and recommendations
Ukraine's joint-stock railway company Ukrzaliznytsia has published the conditions under which passengers will be allowed to travel by train, in particular, passengers will be allowed to board trains only in face masks and after temperature screening.
At the same time, Ukrzaliznytsia added that train carriages would be disinfected before and after each trip, while passenger car attendants would be provided with personal protective means.