The Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has documented 1,834 civilian casualties (1,761 a day before) in the country, including 691 (636) killed (from February 24 when the Russia invaded Ukraine to 24:00 midnight on March 14, 2022 (local time).
"OHCHR believes that the actual figures are considerably higher, especially in Government-controlled territory and especially in recent days, as the receipt of information from some locations where intense hostilities have been going on has been delayed and many reports are still pending corroboration," the UN said in the document.
According to him, this applies, for example, to Izium (Kharkiv region), and Mariupol and Volnovakha (Donetsk region) where there are allegations of hundreds of civilian casualties. These figures are being further corroborated and are not included in the above statistics.
"Most of the civilian casualties recorded were caused by the use of explosive weapons with a wide impact area, including shelling from heavy artillery and multi-launch rocket systems, and missile and air strikes," the UN said in the report.
According to confirmed UN data, some 135 men, some 99 women, 11 boys and seven girls killed, while the sex of 30 children and 409 adults has not yet been known.
Among the 1,143 injured, some15 girls and four boys, as well as 43 children, whose sex is yet unknown.
Compared to the previous day, two children were killed, according to the UN.
OHCHR said that in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, as of midnight March 15, there were 134 (122) dead and 448 (442) injured in government-controlled territory, and 39 (26) dead and 130 (130) injured in territory controlled by self-proclaimed "republics."
In other regions of Ukraine under government control (Kyiv, as well as in Zhytomyr, Zaporizhia, Kyiv, Sumy, Odesa, Mykolaiv, Kharkiv, Kherson, Dnipropetrovsk, Cherkasy and Chernihiv regions), the UN recorded 518 (488) killed and 565 (553) wounded.
OHCHR notes the report of the Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights, according to which as of 10 a.m. (local time) 15 March, 97 children had been killed and more than 100 injured.
The increase in the figures in this report compared to the figures in the previous report should not be attributed only to new cases that occurred on March 13, since OHCHR also verified a number of cases that occurred in previous days during the day, according to the document.