In 2022, nine multinational military exercises involving tens of thousands of military personnel of NATO countries will take place in the territory of Ukraine. The Ukrainian budget allocates more than UAH 100 million for these needs.
According to Ukrinform, this is stipulated in the Law of Ukraine "On Approval of the Decision of the President of Ukraine on the Admission of Units of Armed Forces of Other States to the Territory of Ukraine in 2022 to Participate in Multinational Exercises."
In particular, the Ukrainian Armed Forces will take part in the following exercises:
- Joint Efforts 2022 – February-December 2022, 12,500 troops will take part
- Rapid Trident 2022 – March-December 2022, 8,500 troops
- Cossack Mace 2022 – March-December 2022, 5,500 troops
- Light Avalanche 2022 – February-December, up to 1,300 troops
- Silver Saber 2022 – three stages, up to 5,500 participants
- Sea Breeze 2022 – March-December 2022, up to 7,500 troops
- Riverine 2022 Ukrainian-Romanian exercises – March-December, up to 400 troops
- Maple Arch 2022 – March-December 2022, up to 3,700 participants
- Viking 2022 – February-December, up to 200 troops
In 2022, UAH 106,548.33 thousand (UAH 52,072.59 thousand in the territory of Ukraine) will be spent to finance expenses related to the preparation and conduct of the exercises in the territory of Ukraine and abroad.