Photo from UNIAN, by Volodymyr Hontar
Ukraine as of May 9, 2021, reported 5,372 new COVID-19 coronavirus cases confirmed in the past 24 hours.
The statistics were reported by Ukrainian Health Minister Maksym Stepanov on Facebook on May 9.
In particular, the new cases included 244 children.
Fifty-seven healthcare workers also tested positive in the past 24 hours.
An update for the past day:
- Confirmed cases: 5,372 people;
- Hospitalizations: 2,599 people;
- Deaths: 193;
- Recoveries: 9,181 people;
- Testing per day: 46,516; including: 21,796 PCR tests, 4,859 ELISA tests, 19,861 SARS-CoV-2 antigen tests.
An update since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in Ukraine:
- Confirmed cases: 2,119,510 people;
- Recoveries: 1,759,751 people;
- Overall death toll: 46,393;
- PCR testing: 9,655,779 tests.
Over the past day, the largest number of confirmed cases was registered in Dnipropetrovsk region (798), the Ukraine-controlled part of Donetsk region (401), Kharkiv region (361), Odesa region (342) and Lviv region (329).
As many as 4,843 Ukrainians got vaccinated against COVID-19 on May 8, 2021.
Since the beginning of the vaccination campaign, 862,641 people got vaccinated; of them, 862 639 had one dose, 446 people are fully vaccinated with two doses (two of them received one dose abroad).
Translation: Akulenko Olena