Zhytomyr Armored Plant, which is part of the Ukroboronprom defense giant, has repaired a batch of infantry fighting vehicles for the needs of Ukraine Army.
Yet another batch of restored BMP-2 infantry fighting vehicles underwent routine repairs within the framework of the state defense order, the Ukroboronprom press service reports.
"Not only have we repaired, we've also modernized these BMP-2s using the latest navigation aids, optical devices and sights, which allowed extending and improving the service life of these combat vehicles. On the eve of Ukraine Defender Day, IFVs were handed over to our military," said Zhytomyr Armored Plant CEO Oleksiy Zhukovets.
A full cycle of factory and acceptance tests have confirmed restoration of combat capability of all systems and assemblies.
Read also Defense, security budget 2021 largest over years of independence Zhytomyr Armored Plant
Zhytomyr Armored Plant SE is engaged in the manufacture, deep modernization, and overhaul of military and special hardware of various modifications: BMP, BREM, and BMD, as well as vehicles based on them. Now the Plant's production facilities of are being modernized by introducing the latest energy-saving technologies.
Ukraine defense industry: Other reports
- Ukraine's arms exporter doubles profit during lockdown
- Ukraine's Ukroboronprom to repair three transport aircraft for Sri Lanka
- NSDC: Missile, aircraft production "priority" for Ukraine's defense industry
- Ukraine to showcase upgraded Uragan MLRS at arms expo
- Zelensky instructs Defense Ministry to sign contract with Ukroboronprom's plant
- Defense sector financing to be increased to almost 6% of GDP in 2021 – NSDC secretary
- Berdyansk gunboat, attacked by Russia in 2018, finally returns to water
- Ukroboronprom completes repairs of Bulat MBTs hardened in Donbas (Photo)
- Ukroboronprom CEO Aivaras Abromaviсius fired
- Air Force gets modernized MiG29 fighter