Coronavirus infects 1,716 medical staff as China reports 5,090 new cases – media.

The National Health Commission said 121 new deaths were reported, making the death toll on the mainland 1,380.

REUTERS

REUTERS

China has reported 5,090 new cases of coronavirus infections on Thursday, bringing the total number in mainland China to 63,851.

Read alsoBloomberg: Coronavirus could infect two-thirds of globe, research shows

The National Health Commission said 121 new deaths were reported, making the death toll on the mainland 1,380. The commission removed 108 deaths from the Hubei numbers because they had been counted twice, South China Morning Post reported.

Hubei province, the epicentre of the outbreak, reported a further 4,823 cases of the diseases. It was the 10th straight day that the number of daily new confirmed cases in the country fell, excluding Hubei.

The figures were the second daily batch to be released since the roll-out of expanded diagnostic criteria, under which a diagnosis based on an analysis of symptoms is considered a confirmed case. The new diagnostic criteria are only being used in Hubei.

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com

Related news

Coronavirus ‘ghost’ haunts city streets to keep people inside in Malaysia.

The man behind a ghostly photo in Malaysia says police welcomed the help with enforcing their coronavirus lockdown.

U.S. not moving ahead with plan to send soldiers to Canadian border: Trudeau

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security had been floating the idea to help U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials keep migrants from crossing the border between official entry points, ostensibly to limit the possible spread of COVID-19.

Malaysia removes ‘dress up, don’t nag’ coronavirus posters for women.

Malaysia's Ministry of Women put out several posters encouraging women to be compliant during the coronavirus lockdown.

1 216

Ukraine may send doctors to Italy to fight coronavirus.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyi has said he does not rule out a team of Ukrainian doctors will be sent to Italy to help fight coronavirus disease COVID-19.

Prince Charles breaks silence on COVID-19 battle in heartfelt video message.

"None of us can say when this will end, but end it will," the Prince of Wales says in the video message.

By continuing to browse World News (UAZMI), you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and agree to the use of cookies