Afghanistan: At least 14 security personnel killed in two militant attacks.

Two militant attacks have killed 14 Afghan security personnel in the north-eastern Badakhshan province and the capital of Kabul on Saturday.

A roadside bomb killed 11 security force members in Badakhshan when it tore through a security vehicle responding to attacks on checkpoints in Khash district.

Sanaullah Rohani, spokesman for Badakhshan’s provincial police chief, said a local commander was among the dead and that four militants were killed in the fighting.

An hour-long gun battle also erupted in Kabul’s Gul Dara district when insurgents attacked a police checkpoint, killing three police officers, said interior ministry spokesman Tariq Arian.

Both officials said the Taliban had carried out the attacks, although no one immediately claimed responsibility.

The Taliban did claim responsibility for an attack that killed 10 policemen in the southern Zabul province on Friday. Afghan government officials said the Taliban ambushed an Afghan police convoy on Friday after setting off a roadside bomb.

US forces had carried out two sets of air strikes on Friday against the Taliban in western and southern Afghanistan.

These were the first US strikes following a brief ceasefire declared by the insurgents for the major Muslim holiday of Eid al-Fitr, which marked the end of Ramadan, last month. – PA

Related news

Trump postpones election rally as Covid-19 cases surge.

US president calls off New Hampshire event but travels to Florida where 11,000 new cases reported

Delicious details of Mary Trump’s book open up world of president’s family.

America Letter: Character of White House ‘narcissist’ revealed by psychologist niece

2 7

Johnson urges people to return to work if they can, contradicting government advice.

UK will not take part in EU vaccine purchase plan aimed at combining buying power to get promising vaccines at cheaper prices

Spaniards vote in regional elections under coronavirus cloud.

New outbreaks detected ahead of elections in Galicia and Basque Country

Court ruling on coronavirus spurs Romanians to leave quarantine.

Government scrambles to pass new control measures and fight public scepticism

By continuing to browse World News (UAZMI), you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and agree to the use of cookies