The Swedish government should allow the sale of Swedish SAAB JAS 39 Gripen fighter jets to Ukraine, in which the Ukrainian side is interested, Magnus Jakobsson, member of the Riksdag (Swedish Parliament), said in his remark to Guildhall, according to Ukrinform.
“As for military aid in general my position is that I always argue that Sweden has to be ready to sell arms. In particular, I know that the Ukrainian side is interested in the Swedish aircraft JAS 39 Gripen (SAAB), and I say that we have to make it possible. We have a law in Sweden that says we are not allowed to sell military equipment to a country that is at war, but since we are already giving equipment to Ukraine, of course, we should have the possibility to sell also,” the lawmaker says.
- Ukraine needs multi-purpose fighter jets to deoccupy Russia-seized areas
- With F-15 or F-16 Ukraine will be able to rapidly liberate its territories and put an end to the war — Air Force
- Russia tries to use passenger jet engines for its heavy helicopters reliant on Ukrainian engines – Defense24
- French energy giant TotalEnergies accused of fuelling Russian fighter jets that were bombing Ukraine
- German company suspected of supplying fuel for Russian bombers – Spiegel
Ukraine needs independent journalism. And we need you. Join our community on Patreon and help us better connect Ukraine to the world. We’ll use your contribution to attract new authors, upgrade our website, and optimize its SEO. For as little as the cost of one cup of coffee a month, you can help build bridges between Ukraine and the rest of the world, plus become a co-creator and vote for topics we should cover next. Become a patron or see other ways to support. Become a Patron!