Photo from UNIAN
Ukraine and the United Arab Emirates are working to intensify bilateral cooperation in military technology, the President's Office reports.
Deputy Head of the President's Office, Ihor Zhovkva, on Thursday met with the head of the EDGE weapons department Hamad Mohammed Al Marar, the report says.
Zhovkva noted the importance of establishing and maintaining effective contacts between Ukrainian and Emirati defense companies.
"It was about this that an agreement was reached during phone talks between President Volodymyr Zelensky and Crown Prince of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan on April 13 this year," the statement said.
For his part, Hamad Mohammed Al Marar confirmed the interest of the UAE defense companies in signing off new contracts with Ukrainian enterprises, noting the importance of such strategic cooperation in bilateral relations, naming Ukraine one of the UAE's key partners in this area.
Defense industry: Other reports
- Batch of IFVs upgraded for Ukrainian military
- Zelensky vows not to reduce Ukrainian army budget in 2021
- Ukraine Army receives batch of RPO-16 flamethrowers
- Zelensky, Bolsonaro discuss military-technical, defense cooperation
- Cabinet tasked to envisage enough budget funds for Ukraine's defense industry in 2021
- Ukrainian company reportedly wins contract to supply new radar system to Pentagon
- SBU prevents warship equipment smuggling attempt to Russia
- Defense ministry intends to liquidate almost 50 SOEs
- Ukraine, Turkey setting up joint venture to produce strike drones