How to Obtain Fair Holiday Visitation Right in Custody Matter

One of the most significant stressful elements of divorce is the separation from your kids. In most cases, the parent who pays the bulk of the child support is not the custodial parent. Also, this is the parent who does not usually get to see the child for most major holidays. Here are some tips on how the non-custodial parent can get their fair share of holiday visitation time.

First, inform your attorney that your ex-spouse is not allowing you to have your fair share of holiday visitation. You must allow at least two months ahead of time to get a court hearing to settle this problem. A court will not consider this grounds to give you an emergency hearing.

Secondly, you may want to file a motion for temporary relief. You want to submit a request with the court begging visitation. If you do not have a child custody attorney and are uncomfortable with handling this process on your own, which you should be as this are very complicated matters that require specialized attention. You should immediately contact a top child custody attorney.

Lastly, keep your cool, don't blow up; more good can be accomplished with a few kind words. Most important, don't argue in front of your children. Keeping your cool is the best way to handle a stressful situation. At the end of the day, your children matter the most, so keep your eyes on the prize.

Child custody conflicts can be stressful, costly, and upsetting. Regardless of that, it would be best to get the right advice before making a move on visitation rights, guardianship issues, divorce, child custody, adoption, or other vital legal matter. Contact the law office of Jos Family Law, the Best Child Custody Attorney in Orange, CA, at (714) 733-7066, to obtain the guidance you require to make well-informed and wise decisions.

By continuing to browse World News (UAZMI), you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and agree to the use of cookies