Do fathers have a Chance of Winning Child Custody in Unmarried Couples?

People who remain committed to one another without being married can have kids with each other. This is not an unusual occurrence. It does, though, complicate matters when a couple decides to separate if there are kids involved. Unlike normal relationships, people can't simply walk away from each other and be done. Since the couple has kids, they have to decide who will be in charge of the kids. Most partners can come to a cordial conclusion over custody and visitation.

Some couples, though, cannot come to terms with one another. The legal rulings will award child custody to the child's mother by default, but the father may have options to win custody of his child. An unmarried father wishing to win custody of his child will have to take his ex-partner to court. The ensuing legal battle will determine final custody. The legal proceedings for unmarried couples are much like those for married couples who cannot agree on custody terms.

For the father to win custody, he will need to prove that he will be able to give a better standard of living for the child. This does not necessarily mean that a father who makes more money than the mother will automatically win custody.

The standard of living includes taking care of the child and providing the necessary legal and physical care that the child needs. If a father can prove his case, he may be awarded custody of his child. After custody has been determined, the ruling judge may also rule on whether or not the other parent has to pay child support. Fathers that want to win custody of their children should consult with experienced family lawyers, as custody battles are always tricky and require extensive legal knowledge.

Don't gamble the misery of losing custody of your child, or accepting least visitation rights by not recognizing laws on child custody, reach the law office of Jos Family Law for the best guidance. Explore the best custody arrangement and practically guarantee a win in your custody matter with the best child custody attorney in Orange, CA. For a free initial consultation, call Jos Family Law at 1-714-733-7066.

By continuing to browse World News (UAZMI), you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Use and agree to the use of cookies