Russia's hybrid military forces attacked Ukrainian army positions in Donbas six times on January 13, the Ukrainian servicemen fired back once, according to the press service of the Anti-Terrorist Operation (ATO) Headquarters.
"The Russian occupation troops continue to flagrantly violate the ceasefire agreements for the New Year and Christmas holidays and shell the Ukrainian fortified positions, using banned weapons. Today, the invaders used artillery systems for the first time since the truce," the ATO HQ said in an evening update.
Read alsoUkraine reports 2 WIAs amid 10 enemy attacks in last dayIn the Luhansk sector, the Ukrainian positions near the village of Novoluhanske came under fire from small arms and 82mm mortars.
In the Mariupol sector, the occupiers had been shelling the Ukrainian fortified positions near the village of Vodiane for almost an hour, using grenade launchers, 120mm mortars and 122mm artillery systems. Here, the invaders launched more than two dozen shells. In the same area, the illegal armed formations fired heavy mortars near the village of Pavlopil.
"In other areas of our defense, the aggressor resorted to shelling our positions from 120mm mortars and grenade launchers near Butivka coal mine, as well as from small arms and 82mm mortars near the village of Kamianka. In addition, the enemy violated the ceasefire near the village of Verkhniotoretske by using grenade launchers of various types and small arms," the report says.